Monday, September 25, 2006

"They gonna crucify me!"

It was a long weekend, work-wise, and the money wasn't really there to reflect it. Friday night was busy right from the start--which for me was an hour early. Due to scheduling mishaps and any general sense of leadership, things were officially Fucked Up at four o'clock. So I came on early, another guy comes on, problem solved. We stayed busy for the entire night, and things went well and Pete and I made good money. Saturday was long for the fact that it was the polar opposite of Friday--horribly slow (as usual) until 10 p.m. Standing around and doing nothing will make a guy pretty bored pretty quick. Mandy came by Friday night after hanging out with Stacey, and proceeded to get herself drunker than Odell Thurman, which was entertaining because I haven't seen her that loaded since we were in Santa Monica for a wedding. High comedy. Saturday night marked her return, this time opting for water and a BBQ Pork sandwich rather than 3-5 Jameson/rocks combos.

Another fun thing from Saturday was the handing out of nick names (due to boredom). We now have Showtunes, Angel Hair, Ladyfingers, and DooDoo Brown (guess who got that one). More to come this week--I think I have a good one for the Wednesday Night Management Team, aka The Ashland Management Company--Crotch and Snatch. Kind of like Puke and Snot (for all you Rennaisance Festival fans out there), but minus the comedy, personality, location, and clothing. But otherwise, dead-on.

I have to finish moving out of the old house this week. We've had the entire month of September to finish this task up, and here I am, last week of the month, getting ready to take it on. Typical.

The Twins Magic Number for the Wild Card is now 2--any combination of Twins wins/White Sox losses equalling 2 and the Twins will be guaranteed post-season play. They still have a legitimate shot of overtaking first place in the division, with a nice season-ending stretch of four games with Kansas City, followed by three with the aforementioned Sox--all at home. I would imagine that the KC games will be close to sold-out, and the weekender against Chicago should be standing room only.

Vegas Oddsmakers favored the Bears by 3 points at the Dome, and that's exactly what happend. I would've lost lots of money on that one.

I'm going to take a nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sung Sook said...

Ooooh, I like "DooDoo Brown"! Next time I stop by I'd like one myself.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

That will be done.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home