Thursday, August 31, 2006

Moving

We're moving......


Work's negative--again. It's getting worse than before. Accusations of outright stealing, shirking the system, etc. It's enough to wear a guy down. This used to be a place that I thought I could work until I was 45--now I'll be lucky to hit 28 there. My hair (what's left of it) would be gray at that point. When I left Grizzly's I was a 25 year-old still acting as 21--now I'm almost 27 and feel 35. I found myself insanely jealous of a group of guys in their work duds hanging out until 7:30, just drinking beer and wondering aloud about accounts. Man, I should've went to real college.

The new house is going to rule--6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. We'll have space, which is something that we're not used to. Plus, I can walk to Saturday afternoon Hamline football games.

A girl we work with got robbed at gunpoint tonight, along with a friend. They're okay, thankfully, but lost everything they had on them. That makes three separate instances in less than a year. How many times and how many terrified calls will it take to get some police presence around the bar? I have very colorful thoughts on this subject, but that's another time and another place.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sung Sook said...

You know you're doing a really shitty job keeping in touch with your friends when you find out about significant events (like moving) through their blogs.

When's the housewarming BBQ?

Also, what are the chances of your car being broken into in the new 'hood? Add an extra 20% because you're who you are.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Sung Sook said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

For what it's worth, my parents also found out about the move through this very blog. Housewarming BBQ will be soon, because I love BBQ's in this fall-ish weather. And if I have to add the 20%, no less than 85% chance of robbery.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Sung Sook said...

Good. I'm glad I'm not alone in the boat.

And what I really meant in the first comment was, "You know your friends are doing a really shitty job keeping you updated on significant events in their lives when..." but I felt partly responsible so yeah.

I also love fall weather BBQ's. Give me advance notice so I can get all my school crap done. Yes, it's that time of year again. :P

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home