Saturday, July 29, 2006

When I open a bar, or purchase an existing bar from somebody else, here's how things will be:

  • Families are sweet if they come, but should not expect to be catered to. No kids menu, no plastic cups with tops, no mascot. All minors out by 9 p.m.
  • No XM Radio because it sucks. When the best possible station plays songs by The Cranberries, that aren't "Zombie" (which would be for imitation purposes only, I would imagine), then serious issues need to be addressed by Sony.
  • Drink. On your shift. Just make sure you pay for it (or get your customers to), don't get obliterated, and take a cab home if necessary.
  • No uniforms. Come as you are. Just make certain that all the necessities are covered-tastefully, if possible.
  • Crabby? Fine.
  • Lady bartenders. You can only have so many "alpha males".
  • Only those who are scheduled to pour drinks are allowed access to the booze. Kitchen managers, banquet supervisors, dishwashers, bar managers--stay out.
  • Someone's being a dick/snatch? Cut them off, for no reason. We don't need them.
  • Baseball gets TV priority over any football game, no exception.
  • Good things can come from corporate restaurants, but so can bad things. Lots of bad things.
  • Comp tabs are to be used by descretion and the honor system--not my business who you buy a drink for, no explanation necessary, just don't have a $200 tab with $600 in sales.
  • Managers? I can do without them.

I kind of hate my job right now, which sucks, because this is the best bar job I've ever had. And I love the bar, and all the people I work with. But it's starting to get a little corporate.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean I agree, sorry

5:22 AM  
Blogger richardSandwich said...

No XM huh? How about Sirius - they have some pretty sweet stations.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you also incorporate the name of local media legend Mike Pomerance into all of your menu items? For example: Pomerance Potato Skins, or Magic Mikes Media Malt? It's your restaurant, be creative.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Sung Sook said...

So what you're saying is that you want to train me in and hire me as a bartender? That's GREAT news! We'll have to wait until grad school's done but after that I can give you two nights a week.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home