Wednesday, July 05, 2006

12 days

Pete told me the other day that he was bummed because I haven't updated my blog in a while, save for a useless (my word, not his) rant on US soccer and the worst acting job turned in this side of an Italy game or the cast of "Date Movie". After thinking about it, I decided he was right. So here's the update:

Item: I finally got an ipod. And I didn't just "get an ipod", I got a fucking IPOD. This is the 60GB Video Ipod that holds in the neighborhood of 15,000 songs. What did it cost me? Movies. I turned over the better part of my movie collection to a guy just outside of North Branch for the ipod and an FM transmitter to play my shitty music in my car. Hell of a deal!

*Me getting this ipod reminds me of a funny cartoon I saw in the City Pages a couple of weeks ago, where there were two sheep standing in a pasture. One is listening to an ipod, and the other asks him "what he's got there." The technically savvy sheep replies that he is listening to an ipod, which shows his individuality and how he doesn't follow the norm as he sets his own rules by listening to what he wants. I forget how the rest of the cartoon plays out, but it's hilarious because, obviously, they're sheep, they follow the pack, blah blah blah. And that's totally me--I'm soooo rad because I can listen to the Dead Kennedys and Skindred (name-dropping!) whenever I want, making me a total individual. But wait--everyone (almost) has one, thereby negating my "cool". They're the new WalkMan!!! Go pick one up!*

The best part is, no matter how lame it is (and really, it's pretty lame), I'm obsessed with this thing. I've spent two days carefully constructing my iTunes Library, leaving out some things and specifically adding others so that my mix is fine-tuned to perfection (read: I'm a royal dork with not a lot to do). They are fun, though.

Item: It is now 12 days later and I'm only now returning to finish this post. Am I really this busy? Absolutely not. As a matter of fact, the only thing I've done today, for exapmle, is drive to Minneapolis to grab a window AC Unit, pick up pizza on the way home for lunch, and make 6 calls to various golf courses/campgrounds in hopes of getting my brother's impending bachelor party finalized. A flu-like virus has made its home in our house, affecting all four girls. Molly, due to her infant/toddler stature, has been the toughest to deal with, mostly because she can't tell us what hurts but also because she's learned the fine art of the Tantrum. Hers are a work of art, really. If I had a caple camcorder I'd YouTube it in a heartbeat. But I don't, so use your imagination.

So with nothing else to say other than comment on the disease-stricken ward that is my living room, I figure its time for softball stories! Which I'll tell in the next post--I just want to publish this one and start anew. Besides, the screaming baby has awoken.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my new macbook computer and so now I'm adding songs to my new library, updating my ipod, and being uber cool with my mac gear.


just like everyone else.

i guess everyone can be painfully hip ;)

(but atleast now I can read your blog again)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

it's tough being us.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home