Tuesday, June 06, 2006

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Friday, June 2, 2006, Sweeney's Saloon, 5:34p.m.*
Me: "Hey Lisa, if I park my car in your lot on Sunday, you're not going to tow my Jeep, are you?"
Lisa: "No way. In fact, I'd rather employees park there than all the drunks you'll have in the bar."
Me: "So that's cool then? You won't tow my Jeep?"
Lisa: "Nope, you're fine."

*Monday, June 5, 2006, Roering AutoBody, 11:02a.m.*
Me: "Alright Lisa, where do you tow cars too?"
Lisa: "Oh, was that your Jeep? I'm really sorry."
Me: "You told me I could park there. We just talked about it on Friday."
Lisa: "But I didn't know that was your truck!"
Me: "Yes you did. We talked about it at the bar on Friday, and you said you wouldn't tow my Jeep. You knew it was a Jeep and it was the only one back there."
Lisa: "I'm really sorry. You never told me which Jeep was yours."
Me: "$285, Lisa. That's what it's going to cost me to get it out of fucking hock. Your mistake just blew my entire Sunday's worth of work. This is your mistake."
Lisa: "Well, I'm really sorry."
Me: "Enough to pay for my car's release, since it was your mistake?"
Lisa: "We don't pay for towing."
Me: "Yeah, I'll bet you're real sorry."

So, $285 later, after telling me it was okay to park there, she completely went back on her word and towed my damn Jeep. Short of taking her to small claims court, there's nothing I can do to get my money back. It's just not enough money to take to court. So I guess I will never park my car in the Roering AutoBody lot, and I will never have any work done to my car from there. Whether anyone else follows suit or not I don't care. But someone else will have to wait on her when she comes in to Sweeney's, because I will not talk to her anymore. I'd just end up losing my shit on her and getting fired. Someone else who doesn't despise her right now can do it instead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tsjaz said...

apologizing does not necessarily equal making amends.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried Grapee? It's super good!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

dude, g-r-e-a-p-e. Right along with Roster Red Peppers.

One aplogy does not equal $285.

Killer Bees? Great idea....

2:10 AM  
Blogger Sung Sook said...

I don't know about killer bees, but I've got a hook-up for poison ants...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Sung Sook said...

So many car problems, Sack. It doesn't end does it? I've got a solution and I think you'll really like it. It's called "rocket skates". I'm currently working on my own pair right now.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home