Thursday, May 18, 2006

Big twi-night doubleheader for us tonight, as we try to get and stay above .500 for the first time this year (three splits). We play the late games, under the lights and in the cool weather, which makes for some fine softball. I'm looking to erase the negative memories of my backwards-K (strikeout looking), botched play at the plate and ensuing overthrow to second, and dropped flyball in right-center. Just to go through both games with no errors would be a nice contribution. As always, updates and stats to follow.

We have an all-staff meeting at work on Sunday, and there's ominous tones to the whole thing. Lots of nervousness from the staff. Now next week's schedule is convienently "missing". Cocktails will be had afterwards, I believe it's safe to assume. I don't think I or anyone else is getting fired, but there could be some changes in the nightly operations of my favorite bar. As always, updates and stats to follow.

We're barbecueing (sp?) again this Sunday. We'll be thawing out the brats and Polish sausages that didn't get used last weekend (which was a lot). As per usual, all are invited. Same rules apply--bring booze and a side dish. Grill goes on at 6-6:30. Let me know if you're coming, so we can accomodate!

If you haven't checked out Gnarls Barkley yet, I highly recommend that you do so. He thinks he's crazy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be at the BBQ after I get off work.... no flaking out this time I promise!

now the schedule is missing?! Is Sweeney's trying to give me anxiety problems?

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Gnarls Barkley. I've always loved Cee-Lo and who doesn't like Danger Mouse? I should be making it over to your house on Sunday as long as I'm not sequestered still.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

sequesterned? What happened?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home