Monday, September 18, 2006

"So I finally got a load into her mouth..."

Jay's wedding in Two Harbors this past weekend was a blast. Such a blast that Kraml and I ended up taking the Polar Plunge at 2:30 in the morning--for those of you unfamiliar with the Polar Plunge, its when two (or more) idiots (Me and Kraml) go for a dip in a cold lake during unseasonable swim times. In our case, on a cold and rainy September night/morning, we went for a quick dip in Lake Superior. Not the brightest idea I've ever had, but it is the best solution for a quick sobering-up. Most enjoyable was the trek down the rocks to the shore. It was kind of steep, very dark, and awfully slippery. When we first started down the rock hill, we were joking around and having a good time because we were drunk. When we finally realized the potential for injury, things got pretty clear pretty quick. Before you knew it, Kraml and I were coaching eachother down the wall, pointing out hazards and potential obstacles. Kraml had his Stallone moment when he stepped on a rock, realized it was going to fall and take me out (I was leading the way because I'm more agile, I suppose), and dug in and held it in place with his ankle. Turns out the rock was a good 10-15 pounds and would've done some damage had he let it go. So thanks, Chad. We finally get ankle-deep in the lake, assume push-up position, and drop in. You know how much it sucks when you're taking a long, hot shower and you suddenly run out of hot water and get blasted with cold, shocking you to your very soul until the split-second later when you shut the water off? Lake Superior is a giant, giant lake full of that shock. There's cold like the day we had today, first-day-of-November cold, and then above all that there's Lake Superior-in-September-Wearing-Only-Your-Boxers cold. You can guess which one we experienced.

The title of this post comes from a line that was said during the reception--Kelvie and I almost were removed from the party when it was uttered.

I was trying to post the camping photos that Pete took, but either Blogger is being stubborn or my computer is a hunka-hunka burnin' shit. Pictures coming as soon as one or both decide to cooperate.

In the update post, two stories ago, I failed to mention that, along with Mandy, Sung-Sook was there and the three of us got to spend some time together for the first time in a while. And she was quick to point out that I made no mention of her presence. So, sorry--anytime you are around, from now on, will be documented. And I'll vouch for you--you polka better than anyone I know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sung Sook said...

It's about goddamn time. And thank you for the polka comment.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

you're welcome.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home