Monday, November 27, 2006

A Town Called Kickapoo

Here's what you missed from me in the last week:

1.)I saw "Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny". It got railed by critics, and a lot of people said they just recycled old jokes from the first record. Well of course they did! The whole story of the movie is how Jack Black and Kyle Gass meet to form present-day Tenacious D, and the whole premise of the first record was how Jack Black and Kyle Gass met to form present-day Tenacious D. And you can't tell me that it's not funny--cock push-ups were funny then and they're funny now. Plus, the new music, ripe with cameos and guest-spots, is fantastic. I loved the movie, can't wait to see it again, and will buy it when it's released on DVD.

2.)The Second-Busiest Day of the Year came and went by Sweeney's, and it wasn't that busy. In fact, Jed and I were kinda bored all night, and I wasn't near drunk enough. Same could be said for Friday and Saturday night. Historically, Thanksgiving kicks off the winter busy season. If this past week was any indication of how it's going to go, then I'm going to be very poor and very bored.

3.)Nice win! Vikings still suck.

4.)I found a new place for me to clog my arteries: The Groveland Tap. They have a good standard Juicy Lucy, and I'm excited to try the Cajun: cajun seasoning on top, pepperjack and jalepenos on the inside. I doubt that it's better than the Paul Molitor from the Nook, but I'm ready nonetheless.

5.)The Har-Mar theater does new-releases for $5.50 every Thursday, including night shows. Consider myself a regular (its where I saw Borat, which was hilarious).

6.)Going to Eagan to borrow Rich's extension ladder and leaf blower tomorrow before work. The plan is to get the lawn clear and the Christmas lights up before the snow comes. Pictures to follow.

That's about all for now. I'll write something dumb tomorrow while Molly's taking a nap.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the "D" movie

9:39 PM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

it's too rad. You'll love it.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home