Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Little Help

A girl that I've been friends with since elementary school got married back on the 11th or something similar. Now, my roommate Stacey got the invite well before I did, and when she got it, I assumed (after another week of not receiving it) that I was not invited. I was a little put off, but viewed it as no big deal. Well, two weeks before the wedding (and long after the invites were sent out), I received my formal invitation--problem was that as far as my work schedule goes, it was way too late to get that Saturday off. Now what I'm hearing is 1) I was "missed", and 2) that I have to give this person a call to apologize. Now, as far as no. 2 goes, I had planned on doing that up until I found out that it was expected of me. The excuse for me getting my invite late was that she didn't have my current address. I, like many other people, own a cell phone, and did not get nary a call trying to pin down my location. Would that step be necessary? No, but if it was so important for me to be there, then it would also be of equal importance to try and find out where the hell I live, which could've been deduced with a simple phone call. It wasn't my wedding, so the responsibility, I think, would not be placed on me. Maybe I'm overreacting to the whole thing, but should I feel put off, or is she right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sung Sook said...

She's not right. Didn't you receive an "invitation" to this wedding via myspace earlier? That's called bullshit, my friend. Friends don't invite friends to their weddings via myspace and expect that they're going to be there. Sending a request for their address via myspace so they can *send* a wedding invitation = kosher. Anything other than that = not kosher.

Trust me. I've been reading Dear Abby for years. She'd say the same thing.

If I ever end up walking down the aisle someday I'm going to send you an invite by text message. The night before.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

That's what I would expect. That, and to be Maid of Honor.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is what I would do. Get so drunk that your speech is essentially incomprehensible. Then call this person at 3:15 am. Leave a long, rambling incoherent rant on their voicemail which starts out as an apology but ends up with you making ridiculous pronouncements regarding the government, Sweeney’s beer prices, and the Vikings total lack of an offense. I would also be blaring “Every Rose Has It’s Thorns” by Poison in the background as you leave the message. You should also probably be crying. If this person confronts you later, blame Schneider or Pete.
I use this technique a lot, including when I miss work, or am late paying my phone bill.
You can thank me later.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

Solid, solid advice. Thanks.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home