Monday, October 30, 2006

"So There I Am, Drunker Than Tara Reid...."

I've had a lot to drink this weekend. Hopefully, that trend won't continue tonight, but there is a Vikings/Patriots Monday Night Football game, so it probably will. Friday night was fun because I was loaded on the job--nothing new there except it was o.k.'ed by my manager, due to it being my birthday and all. Pete bought me a bottle of John Powers Irish Whiskey (which I will say is better than Jameson) that was finished by 1 am, and Boss bought me a bottle of Basil Hayden's, that I still have. Saturday was the most boring night of in my short Sweeeney's career, but the ensuing Halloweeen Party at Allison's house was a blast. I haven't been to a house party in years, mainly because I get bored beyond tears within 10 minutes of arriving. For whatever reason, this one was fun. Finally, last night Stacey and I went to the Turf Club, which is right by my house and I've never found time to check out. Now I'm going to be a regular there. I'm going to instantly love any bar that has two 42" plasma TVs and a vending machine for a kitchen. There's no food menu, no kitchen, nothing. There was a $2 cover to get in, and we got to see two local bluegrass bands. Good times all around.

This was written in bad form, but I'm not in an editing mood today. Proper grammar and paragraph structure return later today or tomorrow. Stay Tuned!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! sorry we couldn't make it out to your place. however, now that perpetual night is upon us, there are more "drinking hours" available so we will have to spend some of them at the once great Sweeney's.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

You can do that, or you can come out on a night that I'm off and we can hit the Turf Club--that bar rules.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Zach-
You totally failed to mention the Turf Club's black and white photobooth. That's really the icing on the cake.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Zach Brown said...

THEY HAVE A BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO BOOTH?????? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!!!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home