Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Captian Hook

I can't say that Kevin McHale's axe-job of Dwaye Casey surprised me--I think it was apparent that Whittman was his choice ever since he forced Casey into rehiring him this last off-season. And, contrary to McHale's history regarding personnel moves, I think Whittman would be the right guy for the job.

Next year.

To be disappointed with this year's version of the Timberwolves would be ludicrous. As it stands today, they're 20-20 and hanging on to the #8 seed in the Western Conference, which would be good enough for a #2 seed in the East, and probably the Atlantic Division Championship. Although they lack the talent for it, they're actually playing some defense--they've only done this for Casey because Flip couldn't get them to do it. True, they have lost their past 4 games, and it took Casey 39 games to realize that Randy Foye is his secon-best player and should be starting (something I called for a while ago, not to toot my own horn), but seriously--did anybody think that the Wolves would be contending for the final playoff spot after the first week of the season? Casey's done a fine job with two talented guys and a bunch of role players. McHale, I swear to God, is trying to ruin this team for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home